Friday afternoon we were picked up by Yai and drove about 2 hours southeast to Pattaya. This was a very interesting town, to say the least, and I can't say that I would ever go back. Upon entering the town of Pattaya we were shocked by how busy the streets were. It didn't really seem like we had left the city of Bangkok. The first small street we drove down was full of vendors, shoppers, and men. Lots and lots of male farangs (westerners) with sleeveless shirts, earrings and tattoos. Not the street for us to hang out on. After about an hour drive through the traffic in town we arrived at the Sheraton (which was beautiful) and had lunch overlooking the Gulf of Thailand. After lunch we relaxed by the pool and decided to try a restaurant called the Lobster Pot on Walking Street for dinner. I am not really sure how to describe walking street politely. All I can say is that it is not a place for families with children but certainly has some great people watching. At the end of the night we did enjoy ourselves at the Blues Club. Yes, the Thai's can sing the blues...sort of!
On Saturday we hung out around the Sheraton most of the day and in the afternoon went to Cable Park so John could water ski. I will post video of this adventure soon! He was pulled around a small lake by elevated cables. Very interesting!
Sunday morning John was up early to go diving and I decided to relax by the pool and read my book. I am sure everyone at home doesn't want to hear how perfect the weather was that day...about 80 and clear blue sky. Finally, late afternoon we headed back to the city to unpack and getting ready for a new week.
I am hoping to have pictures from this trip posted by the end of the week. We are still dealing with internet issues here. The "internet" guy came today to set things up but he spoke no English and had no clue how to set up our wireless. So John did what he could with what the guy left him and we are hoping someone more knowledgeable from PVS can come here this week to help us. I am crossing my fingers...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ok, I think there's a little more to this story. Looking forward to what I think will be more explanitive pictures... is that even a word? explanitive?
ReplyDelete